- Plate, Andrea YA, and José AG Arêas. “Cholesterol-lowering effect of extruded amaranth (Amaranthus caudatus L.) in hypercholesterolemic rabbits.” Food Chemistry 76.1 (2002): 1-6.
- Lacatusu, Ioana, et al. “Design of soft lipid nanocarriers based on bioactive vegetable oils with multiple health benefits.” Chemical Engineering Journal 246 (2014): 311-321.
- Mendonça, Simone, et al. “Amaranth protein presents cholesterol-lowering effect.” Food Chemistry 116.3 (2009): 738-742.
Black Cumin Seed Oil
- Ramadan, Mohamed Fawzy. “Nutritional value, functional properties and nutraceutical applications of black cumin (Nigella sativa L.): an overview.” International journal of food science & technology 42.10 (2007): 1208-1218.
- Padhye, Subhash, et al. “From here to eternity-the secret of Pharaohs: Therapeutic potential of black cumin seeds and beyond.” Cancer therapy 6.b (2008): 495.
- Shabana, Adel, et al. “Cardiovascular benefits of black cumin (Nigella sativa).” Cardiovascular toxicology 13.1 (2013): 9-21.
- Allahghadri, Tolou, et al. “Antimicrobial property, antioxidant capacity, and cytotoxicity of essential oil from cumin produced in Iran.“
- Ramadan, Mohamed Fawzy, Mohsen Mohamed Selim Asker, and Mounier Tadros. “Antiradical and antimicrobial properties of cold-pressed black cumin and cumin oils.” European Food Research and Technology 234.5 (2012): 833-844. Journal of food science 75.2 (2010): H54-H61.
- Garry, David, et al. “Use of castor oil in pregnancies at term.” Alternative therapies in health and medicine 6.1 (2000): 77.
- Watson, W. C., and R. S. Gordon. “Studies on the digestion, absorption and metabolism of castor oil.” Biochemical pharmacology 11.3 (1962): 229-236.
- Allman MA, Pena MM, Pang D. 1995. Supplementation with flaxseed oil versus sunflowerseed oil in healthy young men consuming a low fat diet: effects on platelet composition and function. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 49(3): 169-178 Medline, ISI.
- Clark WF, Parbtani A, Huff MW, Spanner E, de Salis H, Chin-Yee I, et al.. 1995. Flaxseed: a potential treatment for lupus nephritis. Kidney Int. 48(2): 475-480 CrossRef, Medline, ISI
- Prasad K. 1997. Dietary flax seed in prevention of hypercholesterolemic atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis 132(1): 69-76 CrossRef, Medline, ISI.
- Vos E, Jenkins DJA, Cunnane SC. 2007. alpha-Linolenic acid and fish oil n-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease risk. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 85(3): 920-921, author reply 921–922 Medline, ISI
- Chantal M.C. Bassett, Delfin Rodriguez-Leyva, Grant N. Pierce. Experimental and clinical research findings on the cardiovascular benefits of consuming flaxseed. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 2009, 34:965-974.
- Leizer, Cary, David Ribnicky, Alexander Poulev, Slavik Dushenkov, and Ilya Raskin. “The Composition of Hemp Seed Oil and Its Potential as an Important Source of Nutrition.” Journal of Nutraceuticals, Functional & Medical Foods 2.4 (2000): 35-53. Print.
- Weil, Andrew. “Therapeutic hemp oil.” Natural Health (1993): 10-12.
- B.Dave Oomah, Muriel Busson, David V Godfrey, John C.G Drover, Characteristics of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) seed oil, Food Chemistry, Volume 76, Issue 1, January 2002, Pages 33-43.
- Bosy, T. Z., and K. A. Cole. “Consumption and quantitation of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol in commercially available hemp seed oil products.” Journal of analytical toxicology 24.7 (2000): 562-566.
Milk Thistle Oil
- Janice Post-White, RN, PhD, FAANElena J. Ladas, MS, RDKara M. Kelly, MD, Advances in the Use of Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum). Integrative Cancer Therapies. Vol 6, Issue 2, pp. 104 – 109. First published date: July-26-2016.
- Singh, Ram B., et al. “Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of fish oil and mustard oil in patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction: the Indian experiment of infarct survival—4.” Cardiovascular drugs and therapy 11.3 (1997): 485-491.
Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Gossell-Williams, M., A. Davis, and N. O’connor. “Inhibition of testosterone-induced hyperplasia of the prostate of sprague-dawley rats by pumpkin seed oil.” Journal of Medicinal Food 9.2 (2006): 284-286
- Xanthopoulou, Marianna N., et al. “Antioxidant and lipoxygenase inhibitory activities of pumpkin seed extracts.” Food Research International 42.5 (2009): 641-646
- Gossell-Williams, M., et al. “Improvement in HDL cholesterol in postmenopausal women supplemented with pumpkin seed oil: pilot study.” Climacteric 14.5 (2011): 558-564.
- Gossell‐Williams, M., et al. “Supplementation with pumpkin seed oil improves plasma lipid profile and cardiovascular outcomes of female non‐ovariectomized and ovariectomized Sprague‐Dawley rats.” Phytotherapy Research 22.7 (2008): 873-877.
- Çınar, İ., and A. Sinan Çolakoğlu. “Potential health benefits of rose hip products.” I International Rose Hip Conference 690. 2004.
- Cohen, Marc. “Rosehip: an evidence based herbal medicine for inflammation and arthritis.” Australian family physician 41.7 (2012): 495.
Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Xu, Yan-Jun, et al. “Health benefits of sea buckthorn for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.” Journal of Functional Foods 3.1 (2011): 2-12.
- Eccleston, Clair, et al. “Effects of an antioxidant-rich juice (sea buckthorn) on risk factors for coronary heart disease in humans.” The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 13.6 (2002): 346-354.
- Negi, P. S., et al. “Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of various seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) seed extracts.” Food Chemistry 92.1 (2005): 119-124.
- Suomela, Jukka-Pekka, et al. “Absorption of flavonols derived from sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) and their effect on emerging risk factors for cardiovascular disease in humans.” Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 54.19 (2006): 7364-7369.
Wheat Germ Oil
- Dunford, Nurhan Turgut, and J. Martinez. “Nutritional components of supercritical carbon dioxide extracted wheat germ oil.” 6th international symposium on supercritical fluids, Versailles. 2003.
- Xie, Meizhen, Nurhan Turgut Dunford, and Carla Goad. “Enzymatic extraction of wheat germ oil.” Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society 88.12 (2011): 2015-2021
- Rahimi, Parivash, et al. “Anti-diabetic effects of walnut oil on alloxan-induced diabetic rats.” African journal of pharmacy and pharmacology 5.24 (2011): 2655-2661
- Sabate, Joan, et al. “Effects of walnuts on serum lipid levels and blood pressure in normal men.” New England Journal of Medicine 328.9 (1993): 603-607.
- Banel, Deirdre K., and Frank B. Hu. “Effects of walnut consumption on blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors: a meta-analysis and systematic review.” The American journal of clinical nutrition 90.1 (2009): 56-63.
- Erhirhie, E. O., and N. E. Ekene. “Medicinal values on Citrullus lanatus (Watermelon): Pharmacological review.” International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences 4.4 (2014): 1305-1312.